Studio Sounds – December 2017
The last of the 2017s.
Here we are. Another year coming to end. While it was a rough year in many ways, in the music world things shaped up pretty nicely. At least, if you’re asking me.
2017 brought new albums from some very well names in Indie – Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Beck, The National, The War On Drugs, on and on. Really it was endless. I also really appreciated the opportunity to get to know musicians such as Steve Lacy, The Flying Stars Of Brooklyn NY, and This Is The Kit. And then of course, Sean Hayes did this thing where he re-released “Smoking Signals”. Heart, stolen.
Looking at a micro-level 2017 had some redeeming moments. And, I have the tunes to prove it. The end of year playlist comes with not ten, but twenty suggested tracks. All from the past 365 days. Dive in, get groovy.
- Live Well, Palace
- Shark Smile, Big Thief
- Road Head, Japanese Breakfast
- Heart To Say Goodbye, Washed Out
- Dark Red, Steve Lacy
- Leave The Light On, Overcoats
- Burn It Down, Daughter
- Here If You Want, MOSSS
- Smoking Signals, Sean Hayes
- The Gold, Manchester Orchestra
- Moonshine Freeze, This Is The Kit
- My God Has A Telephone, The Flying Stars Of Brooklyn NY
- Sheep, Mt. Joy
- Gold Angel, Minke
- Apocalypse, Cigarettes After Sex
- Mourning Sound, Grizzly Bear
- Dum Surfer, King Krule
- Die Young, Sylvan Esso
- Anemone, Slenderbodies
- Didya Think, Arlie
- Diamond Rings, Tennis
Head on over to Spotify to take a listen. And, enjoy these last few moments of 2017. Appreciate what was good.